We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, with excellent communication skills, word processing skills, the ability to work independently and who will provide support to the team with a variety of duties within CAFCASS.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To have an understanding of the commitment to safeguarding children within the organisation, and to support and contribute to organisational wide activities to meet statutory and professional responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that relevant safeguarding checks have been completed where necessary and updated in ECMS.
Service Effectiveness Including Information Management
- To work with the Cafcass Intake Team in ensuring timely electronic receipt of new applications for private law cases.
- Gather, check or verify information as required to ensure case details are accurately captured and recorded, alerting FCAs or Service Managers of missing information where necessary.
- Produce and send letters or other information to service users, utilising available templates. Examples include appointment letters and welcome packs.
- Share information or notify other stakeholders or agencies such as Local Authorities, Independent Reviewing Officers, solicitors and the courts.
- To ensure that public law electronic files are created and ECMS is updated with court orders and reports at key case milestones.
- To maintain internal records as required, including input into databases and systems, the maintenance of office records and filing systems (hardcopy and electronic)
Support to Achieve Effective Service Delivery
- To provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the team, including liaison with Court staff to monitor case progression, problem solving on a day to day basis, and provide administrative support to Service Managers and FCA colleagues as appropriate and needed including scheduling and booking of meetings and sending reminders.
- Receive and process or distribute information or incoming mail whether digital or in hardcopy. Provide support for sending physical mail if required.
- To draw up and maintain effective court duty and office duty rotas.
- To assist in the management of team resources e.g. booking systems for hire cars, training rooms and equipment etc.
- To ensure directories, lists and other information used by staff or supplied to service users are up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- To offer general IT support and assistance to new members of staff as part of the induction process.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of office supplies, re-ordering as necessary; to include IT kit, stationery, mobile phones etc.
- Raise purchase orders or prepare area financial returns using appropriate systems.
- To assist, when necessary, in the maintenance of financial records, including petty cash, travel & subsistence, car hire and travel tickets in accordance with Cafcass procedures.
Engagement and Partnership Working
- To maintain a welcoming reception service in the office, providing basic information and assistance to service users or visiting Cafcass staff from other locations.
- To work with the team to assist with the gathering of Service User feedback through various means.
- To be a proactive team member and play a full part in meetings and events as appropriate and required.
- Promote and embrace diversity and equality and ensure practice and engagement is free from discrimination and in accordance with Cafcass policy and practice.
This role requires and Enhanced DBS, if it's on the update service the hiring process can be speed up!
Hourly Rate is £8.50 for the first 12 worked weeks and then it will go up to £9.44/hour; Monday to Friday 37 hours/week