Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Business Support Assistant.
This is a contract role required asap for 18 months.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but there will be regular presence at the Reading offices required post Covid/when safe.
The Person Required:
- Has a self-motivated, hands on, can do attitude
- Gets excited by new technology and is embracive of change
- Is proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office. Good knowledge of other MS products and social media / Yammer - they enjoy communicating with others
- Can actively demonstrate their problem solving skills and how they step forward to lead
- Has the ability to deal with numerous competing demands and range of different people
- Thrives when working to tight deadlines, multitasking and facing pressure
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high tech multinational, multi time-zone culture
Providing administrative support to two/three senior sales directors in the Solutions Team.
Pro-active diary management for each director supported, responsible for keeping an overall view of the diary and ensuring that there is an optimum schedule for the meetings.
- Co-coordinating domestic and international travel on behalf of the directors including accommodation, transfers.
- Book meeting rooms, catering and AV for director's meetings.
- Maintain the team's ROB (Rhythm of the Business) ensuring that the directors and managers are informed of any potential clashes and rescheduling as appropriate.
- Preparing expenses for each director and providing guidance and policy support to the wider team.
- Managing logistics for all internal and external meetings / presentations for directors
- Manage and monitor actions from each sector Leadership meetings.
- Ensuring all briefing papers and supporting information for internal / external meetings are given to the directors in a timely manner.
Providing support for the Director's immediate managers and teams. Assisting the managers on administration matters where needed.
- Scheduling and co-ordination of all group meetings and off-sites, including logistics, catering, budgets etc.
- Being the visible presence onsite to act as main point of contact for the teams - being the "face " of your teams when the leads are out of office. There to help and support with queries.
- Ownership of internal processes for the sectors, including creating Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement.
- Providing guidance in line with the company expense policy, and educating assisting managers and their teams with policy.
- Updating and monitoring org charts and team aliases/distribution lists for each team.
- Provide support to new starters in your teams - getting them onboard quickly with the things they need including laptops.
- Delivering high quality and timely responses to incoming emails.
- Assist the Executive Assistant on adhoc projects when requested, like the annual conference events.
- Provides effective Multi Director Support and enables all staff within their sectors to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Presents an enthusiastic and professional image on behalf of the Group, both internally and externally and at all times.
- Become an integral member of the administrative community within the wider group. Provide back up support to other admins during busy times & holiday cover.
- Maintains and seeks to improve administrative processes on behalf of the team and freely shares best practice.
- Attention to detail - we are dealing with £multi-million accounts. Error free and timely correspondence is essential.
- Uses initiative appropriate to position, escalating where appropriate.
- Confident with scheduling across multiple time zones and communicating with colleagues from all countries.
- Demonstrates exceptional time management, organisation and planning skills
- Demonstrates ownership, tracking and follow through to resolution on all queries and issues.
- Experience in a similar role with strong organizational skills
Deadline for applications: Thursday 14th January 2021