We have an exciting temporary part-time opportunity to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton. This is an AO Business Support role within the Strategy & Corporate Services Directorate, working with the Executive Assistant to the Director of Strategy & Corporate Services and the wider Directorate on a variety of business priorities.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with diary management, making appointments and scheduling according to time available and importance
- Provide support for the Directorate's senior managers and Directorate projects as required
- Arranging and co-ordinating travel & accommodation for the Senior Team.
- Managing the provision of stationery to Spring Place, including maintaining stock levels, fulfilling requests from the wider business and placing monthly orders online
- Checks of spend on the MCA Procurement Card Scheme. Checking returns/logs have been completed on time. Completing and maintaining reports of Transparency information
- Assessment of travel data for possible fraudulent activity.
- Screening telephone calls and mail, gathering information (and drafting correspondence)
- Co-ordinate Directorate returns for meetings
- Take responsibility for own health and safety
- Maintaining and updating the MCA Hospitality Register
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- IT Skills: Qualifications or demonstrable experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer service environment; face to face, telephone and written communication experience is essential.
- Regarding travel, the client has an office in Fareham where they sometimes hold team meetings. This requires a car or train journey from the main office in Southampton, but there is always plenty of notice given so arrangements can be made.
- £7.98 for 12 worked weeks, after it will go up to £10.63/hour, Part time role - 10-15 hours per week, working patterns negotiable but must be between 09:00 and 16:00