I have an opportunity for Business Support Assistant role at NHS based in Reading, £9.28 per hour going up after 12 weeks and the role is for 6 months with the view to extend their on after.
As Business Support Assistant the post holder will work closely with the Business Support Officer in delivering an effective service supporting the Regional Medical Director, Deputy Directors and south regional medical team.
In particular the post holder will provide administrative services, including:
- Taking telephone calls for others in the department when they are out and expected to use their initiative when dealing with phone calls and messages.
- Undertaking all administrative duties such as monitoring the team electronic mailbox, prioritising e-mail and distributing as appropriate.
- In conjunction with guidance by the Business Support Officer, managing the electronic diary for the Regional Medical Director, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate.
- Ensure all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Organising and planning events as directed, providing off site support at meetings and events as required. Some travel may be required.
- Supporting teams in project management and participating in department events.
- Required to input, monitor and check data produced and required for on-going programmes and projects.
- Working with all team members in the collection of information for performance reporting on relevant team projects.
- Acting as a point of contact for the medical team, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously.
- Supplying the relevant information required for financial management, supporting the head of department and teams by checking and sending invoices for payment. Responsible for ordering stationery and consumables for the department, ensuring they are kept securely.
- Running and collating reports which may include reports to the senior management as required.
- To provide cover for the Business Support Officer when they are away from the office. To work in partnership with others and as part of cross directorate teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- To coordinate activities of other officers in the awareness of the business agenda with specific reference to communication of directorate and corporate activities.
If this sounds like the role for you call Khesha today on 0118 9588990 or email to discuss further.