We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, for NHS England-Band 3 Admin Assistant, with excellent communication skills, word processing skills, the ability to work independently and who will provide support to the team with a variety of duties.
In particular the post holder will provide and coordinate administrative and secretarial services; including for example, the preparation of agendas and minutes, taking appropriate follow-up action as required. Supporting the team with the management of projects, gathering information and undertaking enquires as and when is necessary for the head of department, teams and the department.
Key Job specifics and responsibilities:
Providing specialist secretarial/administration support and advice to the teams and/or Sector to support a number of initiatives by:
* Taking telephone calls for the department and using initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
* Undertaking all administrative duties such as photocopying and sorting and prioritising mail and e-mails and distributing as appropriate.
* Managing the electronic diary for the department, including arranging and changing appointments and prioritising these as appropriate.
* Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
* Organising and planning events as directed, providing all necessary support.
* Supporting teams in project management and participating in departmental events.
* Inputting, monitoring and checking data produced and required for on-going programmes and projects.
* Working with all team members in the collection of information for performance reporting on relevant team projects.
* Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously.
* Supplying the relevant information required for financial management, supporting the head of department and teams as required. Responsible for ordering stationery and consumables for the department, ensuring they are kept securely.
* Running and collating reports which may include reports to the Board and senior management as required.
* Developing and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems, to ensure that information is kept securely and is accessible to other members of the team.
* Preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing notes of meetings including typing up group discussions and interviews as necessary.
* Working together with other administrators/PA's within the Directorate to provide an effective network of communication including dealing with visitors to the base and being flexible to cover other administrator's general duties on the base.
* Providing guidance and advice on relevant policies and procedures.
* Participate in Research and Development activities as directed.
* To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
Location: NHS England, Oakley Road, Southampton, SO16 4GX
Pay rate £8.57/hour for the first 3 months, then it will go up to £9.62/hour
M-F 37 hours/week, temporary assignment for 3 months with extension possibility