Operations / Business Travel Consultant - £21k to £25k DOE
My client is looking for an Operations Consultant / Business Travel Consultant in Hampshire.
You will be responsible for the operational sales of all travel related products and services. You will determine clients' needs and organise all aspects of domestic and international travel arrangements. You will also be liaising closely with the Business Develop Managers to win new business and retain business.
You will be an experienced, business travel specialist. You need to have excellent fare research knowledge, able to work error-free under pressure. Ideally you will have comprehensive knowledge of the latest travel technology.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in travel with an ABTA and IATA appointed Travel Agency. BA1 and BA2.
- Inter-personal skills, GDS skills (preferably Amadeus), Finance, Admin & typing skills.
- Experience as a Consultant in a business travel environment; emphasis on business account sales with a working knowledge of group and leisure sales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Play full part as operational team member as required by Company.
- Work in accordance with Company Terms and Conditions as set out in the Contract of Employment and Company Staff Handbook.
- Strictly adhere to ISO Quality Manual operational procedures.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and sales services to individual clients and corporate accounts.
- Be familiar with client travel policies and how each account operates.
- Have a working knowledge of the various Online Booking Tools
- Examine all Fare Research opportunities and ensure maximum utilisation of contract rates and agent commissions offered by Airline Carriers, Tour Wholesalers, Hotel and Car Hire firms.
- Ensure all travel related services provided by our client are routinely offered to clients. This includes all airport services, hotel booking, transfers, car hire and passports & visas.
- Account manage any designated accounts and disseminate new and relevant information to the whole team.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the business travel market place by reading travel literature, attending supplier functions, participating in office training courses and taking external training courses.
- Assist with BSP duties as required.
- Have a working knowledge of BOSS in respect of properly accounting for transaction fee pricing
- Help maintain the filing/e-filing system including booking files and all office administrative functions.
- Ensure that correct and up-to-date information is available at all times and that manuals and intranet information are up-to-date.
- Maintain liaison and cordial relationships with all suppliers.
- Assist the Operations Manager in group sales functions as appropriate.
- Undertake any agreed additional or specialist responsibilities relating to operations administration.
- Liaise closely with the Business Develop Managers to win new business and retain business.
- Participate in the short term and long term planning for the development of the office together with market research and corporate sales development.
- Ensure that all transactions carried out within the agency are treated with the strictest of confidence at all times.
In return you will be offered a competitive and negotiable salary (depending on experience) of between £21,000 - £25,000 per annum and working hours are Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.30.
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible. If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Billy at Brook Street team on 02380 236304 or apply to send your CV.