A fantastic new opportunity for a dynamic procurement professional to join a leading manufacturing organisation as a Buyer based in Abingdon, Oxford.
This position is an temporary contract for an immediate start, Monday - Friday paying £15.00p/h (Weekly Pay)
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer;
- Manage component purchasing for sales orders.
- Manage Inventory in line with MRP recommendations.
- Expedite materials from suppliers so they are available when required.
- Liaising with suppliers to discuss queries.
- Source obsolete products as required by customer's Bill of Materials.
- Complete materials costing for sales enquires using Excel.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Obtain competitive pricing for materials.
- Quote and purchase components and consumables.
- Assists other teams as required
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
If you are interested, please apply to this advert and someone will come back to you. Many thanks Brook Street.