Job Title - Buyer
Location - London, Paddington
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Buyer
This is a contract role based in London, Paddington for12 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £45,928 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
A successful Buyer will have the responsibility for managing and driving multiple category businesses for our Stores. This includes driving the assortment, pricing, promotions and relationships necessary to build upon our existing merchandising strategy.
As we expand our online stores globally a broad merchandise strategy that includes a world class assortment of 1P and 3P products is pivotal to our success. Effectively assorting the right products for the stores means striking a fine balance between establishing a unique and innovative selection to drive interest and traffic and a selection of product that will drive meaningful increases in revenues and affinity for the
The Buyer needs to possess a solid track record of results realized in his/her career as a merchant (defined by sales, margins, customer satisfaction and effective processes) coupled with an expert knowledge of the business in terms of trends, demand analysis and promotion efficacy.
* Responsible for the full category online and flagship store assortment of products across our EMEA region
* Store Online Category P&L for EMEA
* Set pricing
* Drive principles and vision for category merchandising
* Establish category promotion calendar (rolling 12 months)
* Negotiate contract terms with OEMs and Suppliers
* Lead contact with local PMG and CDS teams
* Guide the stores` business based on market analysis, intuition and actual results
* Drive buy-in of merchandise selection among senior leaders
* Exemplary buying and supplier management abilities
* Demonstrated track record of driving results with integrity and focus on long term strategic imperatives
* Principled and transparent approach to decision making and communications
* Keen knowledge and ability to effectively analyze and apply findings about industry dynamics
* Outstanding ability to establish and drive world-class merchandising processes
* Track record for establishing trusting relationships and communications with senior executives
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
* Excellent account management and negotiation abilities
* 5+ years of technology/CE retail buying experience
Deadline for CV submission: 12pm on Wednesday 29th July