Our client is looking for an experienced Buyer to join an established national company based in the Newport area, this will be a hybrid role
Reporting to the Category Manager as part of the Procurement Team, this person will support and/or manage with sourcing events both in line with the Annual Procurement Plan and ad-hoc sourcing requirements as required by the business.
The individual will support the contract management process that will enable the business to maximise the value obtained from its supplier relationships. This includes ongoing Supplier Performance.
They will also support day to day procurement and contract management issues, being recognised as a key point of contact for resolution of supplier performance issues where appropriate, and new procurement initiatives on designated contracts.
We are looking for a Buyer that will be able to:
- Demonstrable experience and/or MCIPS qualification with some practical experience
- Strong Commercial awareness and understanding of contract terms.
- Good Stakeholder Management skills
- A good understanding of EU procurement regulations and contract processes, procedures and best practices
- A focused self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for delivering against performance objectives
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels within the business. Good written communication skills
- An energetic, flexible, commercially aware and customer focused individual
To be a part of this busy and growing Procurement team please apply ASAP