Brook Street is delighted to be working on behalf of our client in Derry/ Londonderry to recruit an buyer to join their growing company.
This is very must a hands-on post a hands-on post and applicants must have gained at least a minimum of 3years experience in a similar purchasing role working within a fast-moving environment, those with experience in construction would be most beneficial.
The successful applicant will use internal systems in order to forecast to work towards price reductions and in line with our lean manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate will also have experience working with an MRP package to compliment the buying process.
Applicants should be self-motivated driven individuals with a successful track record in a similar role
* Demonstrate a hands-on approach within purchasing to ensure smooth running of entire production process
* Establish material requirements to support production, scheduling and customer ordering
* Ensure the timely placing of purchase orders to support production schedules and customer ordering
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure order priorities are maintained
* Maintain stock levels for all company purchased items
* Maintain supplier database with respect to prices, supplier information, re-order levels and product specifications
* Monitor and report on supplier performance and evaluation
* Work alongside engineering department to source and trial new and alternative materials
* Assist with supplier price negotiations to include price/rebate/discounts
* Work closely with senior management on supplier development
* Any other appropriate task as required
To apply for this role please send CV via the apply link