My Egham based client is seeking and experience Buyer / Purchaser to work for a well established manufacturing / installations company. Main duties of the role will include -
- Manage the purchasing process to ensure that all day-to-day purchasing activities are carried out in a timely and effective manner
- Support the rest of the team with daily sourcing tasks, technically queries and identification of improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain KPI's covering supplier performance/development and overall financial performance
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Negotiate supplier contracts to ensure ongoing best cost and best terms
- Develop supply chain to ensure our competitive advantage
- Manage supply chain to ensure that inventories are maintained and that stock holdings are cost effective and that risks are kept to minimum
- Seek out and manage materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- Strategically develop supply chain through global sourcing strategies to maximise value and to open up cost reduction and future growth opportunities
- Champion the new product development process through continually seeking out new products and new suppliers in-line with the company's overall business strategy
Core hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm - no weekends!
If this role sounds of interest, please apply today or call Lisa on 01483 700 500.