Brook Street Recruitment is working with our Belfast client to recruit a Buying Assistant / Administration Support for their busy team.
Our client is looking for a passionate individual to support our purchasing department in the Belfast Office.
In your new role you will have responsibility for the coordination of the supply of product to customers through liaison with sales, warehousing and purchasing functions within the Company and externally with suppliers.
The Main Duties of the role are:
* Supporting the Buyer in Purchase Order Administration
* Chasing suppliers for delivery confirmations and updating systems accordingly
* Checking confirmations against the PO and following up all Open Purchase Orders
* Liaise with multiple departments, transport companies and logistics teams
* Ensuring that any Logistical issues impacting customer shipments are proactively reported to the relevant teams and tracked through to resolution
* Ensuring compliance with all customs procedures by properly documenting and controlling all customs functions and operations via Trader Support Service platform
* Ensure orders have been delivered to agreed lead times and expedite where applicable
* Harvest, record and distribute data through multiple departments.
* Maintenance of the SAGE system such as vendor, part, and cost updates
* Accurate data entry into bespoke customs systems
* Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g., Sales, Production and Suppliers
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have
* Excellent MS Office skills
* Strong administration & organisational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Able to deal tactfully with a wide variety of people
* A positive can-do attitude and flexible approach
Salary will be 21-23k
Hours are 8.30-5 Mon -Thurs and 8.30-2 Friday
Please send CV via the link