Brook Street Recruitment are currently working with the NHS to expand their Call Handler team.
Position: NHS 999 Call Handler
Office Based - Permanent
Location: Bicester Oxfordshire
Salary: £20,330 plus £1,200 once you have passed probation
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week over 7 days Monday - Sunday (mixture of day, evening and night work)
"999 Ambulance Service"
Would you like to work for a challenging but equally rewarding role?
You`ll be the first contact for anyone calling 999 as part of the Emergency Services. You will be responsible for taking emergency calls, speaking with the general public in a calm professional manner.
Within your role as a 999 Call Handler you will be given the responsibility to prioritise calls in an order of urgency and will adapt quickly to ever changing situations. You`ll need to be able to remain calm under pressure and be happy to work in a fast-paced environment. There may be occasions where you will deal with distressed patients, you will need to be able to offer empathy and compassion over the call. This will be a rewarding role for those who can work well under pressure
Skills required for Call Handler:
- Good communication skills on the phone
- Good computer skills
- Good listening skills
- Staying calm under stressful situations
- Bouncing back from challenging situations
- Customer service experience
- Motivated to helping people
- The ability to take and record information accurately
NHS Company Benefits
- Full paid in-depth NHS training to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Overtime opportunities available plus bonuses for un-sociable hours worked
- Competitive pay rates
- Rewarding career path
- Supporting the NHS within a critical role
Application Requirements for Call Handler:
- You will be required to pass a standard DBS check if successful for the role
- 4 GCSES including English
If you're interested in this role and would like to have a chat more in detail regarding this vacancy, please do apply with your up to date CV. We aim to get back to all applicants within 1-3 working days. You can contact Charlotte on 07483 927710 or via email on