Brook Street Social Care are currently recruiting for Care Assistant's to join the care team of our Belfast based client. Reporting to the senior Care Assistant / Staff Nurse you will be responsible for assisting the nursing staff in providing care on an individual basis meeting the social, emotional and physical needs of the patient always.
To gain successful consideration for this role you will have;
- Good level of personal health (medically fit).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate with the elderly.
- Ability to work set hours, flexible to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Desire to follow Patient Charter of Rights & Nursing Home Minimum Standards.
- NVQ in care or experience in a caring background (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Care of the Elderly Patients Charter of Rights (Desirable)
Reporting to the Senior Care Assistant / Staff Nurse who will assist with your development within this role you will be responsible for;
- The professional and effective Individual care of each patient
- Assists in feeding, dressing, bathing, lifting, mobilising and all other personal hygienic functions of each patient.
- Make beds neatly and tidy drawers, lockers and wardrobes within bedrooms.
- General tidying and cleaning of the Home and all nursing equipment.
- Maintain supply of clean laundry by carrying out laundry duties when requested.
- Collect patient's clean clothes from laundry and return to wardrobes/drawers of bedrooms.
- Works as part of a team to maintain a high standard of nursing care in the home.
- Assists in the organisation and implementation of social activities in the home.
- Following all Company's policies including infection control measures within the Home.
- Continually updates oneself on current procedures using literature available in the Home.
- Attend internal and external courses when requested by the Staff Nurse/Matron.
- Takes responsibility for the protection of vulnerable adults and reports to management where they consider a person has caused harm or posed risk of harm to any patient.
- Preserving confidentiality at all times.
- Reports all accidents, complaints and defects in equipment to the primary nurse.
- Ensures the safe keeping of patient's belongings and valuables in accordance with the Home policy.
Successful candidates must be willing to register with NISCC
Please click on the "APPLY" link to forward your CV for consideration all applications will be treated with strict confidentiality or alternatively call Robbie on 02890 881100 to discuss further.