BS Social Care are currently recruiting for Care Assistants to join the operations team of our care providing client. Reporting to the senior Care Assistant / Staff Nurse you will be responsible for assisting the nursing staff in providing care on an individual basis meeting the social, emotional and physical needs of the patient always.
To gain successful consideration for this role you will have;
- Good level of personal health (medically fit).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate with the elderly.
- Ability to work set hours, flexible to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Desire to follow Patient Charter of Rights & Nursing Home Minimum Standards.
- NVQ in care or experience in a caring background (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Care of the Elderly Patients Charter of Rights (Desirable)
Reporting to the Senior Care Assistant / Staff Nurse who will assist with your development within this role you will be responsible for; (not an exhaustive list)
- The professional and effective Individual care of each patient
- Assists in feeding, dressing, bathing, lifting, mobilising and all other personal hygienic functions of each patient.
- Make beds neatly and tidy drawers, lockers and wardrobes within bedrooms.
- General tidying and cleaning of the Home and all nursing equipment.
- Maintain supply of clean laundry by carrying out laundry duties when requested.
- Ensures the safe keeping of patient`s belongings and valuables in accordance with the Home policy.
Successful candidates must be willing to register with NISCC
Please click on the "APPLY" link to forward your CV for consideration all applications will be treated with strict confidentiality or alternatively call Robbie on 02890 881100 to discuss further.