Are you currently looking for a career where you have the opportunity to really change live? Do you enjoy caring for individual within their home environment? Are you capable of supporting service users with all aspect of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life? If your answer is yes to the above then please keep reading...
The right person will be trustworthy as you`ll mostly work alone in the service users` home. We strongly believe the right person will find providing care and support most rewarding, but can also be challenging. If you are compassion,have good communication skills and a calm and caring manner then you will fit nicely with the company.
Each person will is unique therefore you must respect each customer`s choice about how their care and support is given and promote their dignity at all times.
You may be the only person the service users sees over a period of time, it`s therefore essential to report any changes or cause for concern to your line manager promptly. You need to be clear about when to seek help and advice in order to keep customers safe and promote their well- being.
Duties- Care and support
Follow the instructions in the care and support plan agreed with each customer. This may include:
- All aspect of personal acre such as showering and bathing, dressing and grooming, dental hygiene, toileting and continence care.
- Assisting with medicines, ordering and collecting prescription or returning unwanted medicines to the pharmacy for safe disposal.
- Supporting the customer to eat and drink well. For example, helping the service users to plan what to eat and drink, giving gentle encouragement, shopping, preparing and serving food, keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
- Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of customers. For example walking frames, wheelchairs, manual and electric hoists, sliding sheets and moving boards.
-Housework such as dusting tidying, washing floors, vacuuming and sweeping, doing the laundry and ironing, making beds and changing the linen.
What our client is looking for:
- Care Driver (Desirable)
- You need to have a DBS on the update service.
- Min of one year experience in a similar role
In return you will receive:
- £8.82 - £9.50 per hour
- Free training
If the above is a direct depiction of you then please contact Karen Jones at BS Social Care on :0208 680 8183 as well as sending your CV to: