Position Care Home Business Administrator - Recruitment experience required
Salary £28,000 plus benefits
We are looking to recruit a Business Administrator to join our client's team in their Care Home based in Henley. This role will also be supporting the recruitment of all new staff over the first year so our perfect candidate will have experience as either a recruiter or resourcer along with strong administration skills
To be responsible for the smooth and efficient management of all administrative duties within the home. To be responsible for the efficient local operation of administration and financial systems
- To be accountable to the General Manager for all aspects of the residents' administration system including admission, billing, discharge and all aspects of local financial administration including basic credit control.
- To record and safeguard monies held by the company on behalf of residents or any other funds held or raised by the care home.
- Managing petty cash; recording all disbursements and actioning reclaims to maintain the float, producing a monthly report for submission to Central Support Office
- Ensuring that all financial arrangements comply with Company policies and procedures
- Responsibility for all local team member administration including contracts, new starters/leavers, payroll information, annual leave management and sickness absence, data entry and the maintenance of personal files.
- Maintain the confidentiality and the secure storage of resident and team member files
- Managing the recruitment processes including managing shortlisting of applicants, organising and running recruitment days.
- Ensuring that ATS is accurate, kept up to date and candidates moved quickly through the recruitment process
- Managing the training of the team; ensuring training targets are met and the teams are competent in their roles
- Recording all new employee/volunteer and service provider information onto Caresys to ensure compliance, including references, DBS, qualifications and other paperwork prior to commencement
- Completing/Reconciling all purchase orders accurately and within budget and ensuring that sent CS promptly to facilitate payment
- Maintaining records of all orders and invoices submitted for reconciliation and payment to Central Support Office
- Responsible for the line management of the reception team including effective delegation of appropriate administration duties, appraisals and training.
- Production of weekly and monthly management reports
- Maintaining continual personal development by attending and completing all training and qualifications (statutory, mandatory and developmental).
- Maintaining the Health and Safety of self and others within the care home, reporting and recording any accidents or incidents or near misses.
- Working within the Company's policies, procedures and guidelines, in compliance with regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Experience working within an administrator position
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of working in a care home (desirable)
- Financial knowledge of petty cash
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet explorer
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong people and task management skills
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Commitment to maintain high standards of work
- Experience of credit control/debt management
- Methodical, organised, reliable and punctual
- Ability to prioritise workload and adhere to strict deadlines on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with confidential materials.
- Ability to effectively build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Initiative and self motivation.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to travel to other homes for training and support