Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our East Belfast client to recruit a Care Worker.
Main Purpose of Job:
Carrying out a range of duties within the day-to-day programme of care for older people and in so doing, affording care and comfort to the personal needs and safety of residents as required, respecting the dignity of the individual and promoting independence.
* Report to the Senior on duty, receive any necessary instructions and read reports on residents.
* Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet
* Maintaining standards of hygiene appropriate to the Care of the Elderly.
* Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities
* Help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
* Care for residents temporarily sick and needing, for example, bed nursing.
* Carry out dining room duties, including the transportation of food to dining rooms, serving food and drinks
* Setting tables and trays, washing-up, tidying and clearing the dining room and the preparation of breakfasts.
* Assist with domestic duties when required
* Help to create a relaxed, homely, attractive and personal living environment.
* Undertake role of 'Keyworker' for a number of designated residents and to write up and regularly review careplans
* Help ensure that residents are given the opportunity to enhance their quality of life
* Ensure that the needs and wishes of all residents are ascertained, respected and met.
* Encourage continuity for residents in terms of maintaining links with their former life.
* Ensure the needs of the residents for independence, privacy and dignity are respected and met.
* Ensure that the needs of the residents are paramount.
Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Senior on duty and which fall within the sphere of the post.
Full spec can be provided on application
£7.38 per hour for persons aged 21-24
£7.83 per hour for persons aged over 25
Please send CV via the apply link