Bs Social Care specialise in providing both temporary and permanent support practitioners into a range of services that support vulnerable adults and children. Whether you are interested in temporary opportunities, or are seeking your next permanent job, I am in a great position to listen to your needs, and find the best role on the market for you…
At present, we are working with a wide range of residential care homes across Bromley who are seeking regular care workers, who have direct experience working with adults who require 24 hour care. Our clients have needs around learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health issues, and as such, we are wanting to hear from experienced professionals who have provided care for vulnerable adults.
The role will involve, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing personal care for adults - including toileting, washing, cleaning and feeding
- Assisting with the movement of residents, using hoists and other moving and handling tools
- Ensuring residents lead a happy and fulfilling life by following care plans and providing right of choice wherever possible
- Updating care plans, and producing reports where necessary
- Managing, and at times, administering medication
- Escorting residents out in the community
- Working as part of a team, ensuring information is shared effectively, in line with GDPR policies
- Managing behaviours that can challenge
- Unjudgmental and ability to relate to people from different backgrounds than your own
- Physical strength and endurance as they are long hours and you may be required to lift patients.
- At least 6 months experience working face to face with vulnerable adults
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
The work will be based in Bromley with all shifts offering a minimum of 4 hours. We are hoping to source candidates who can cover a minimum of 20 hours per week to ensure we are offering our clients consistency with care and support.
The shift patterns vary, but the average shift times are 7.30am-3pm / 1.30pm-22.00pm or nights from 9pm up to 8am.
Hourly rate will vary on the needs of the client. Rate of pay will be between £10 - £12 per hour for days, and £11-£14 per hour for waking nights.
For more information please visit our website BS Social Care
Alternatively please visit my linkedin profile Stephen Townsend