A full time temporary position has come available within a government department in the Crewe area.
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, office hours.
Pay rate: £9.65 per hour going up to £9.69 after 12 weeks.
Job Spec: This job requires previous experience in Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate information on relevant approved databases.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc.
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and, distributing notes/minutes and action points
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
Please apply online.