We've got a great opportunity for a full- time, Case admin, temporary role, within the Southampton Probation Office, to join a fast-paced office, working as part of the admin team.
" Full time
" Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
" 37 hours per week
" Start Date: ASAP
" Location - 7 Town Quay House, Waterside Place, Southampton, SO14 2ET
" Temporary Contract - 6 months, extension possibility
" Pay Rate: £9.56/hr
The individual will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant approved databases.
- Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
- Prepare, maintain, and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g., telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
- Deal fairly, effectively, and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Undertake specific Visor administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and, distributing notes/minutes and action points
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
All offers are subject to 3 years referencing checks and a DBS
If this role interests you, please apply below.