Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
37hrs per week
Pay rate starts at £10.80 Increasing to £12.00 after 12 working weeks
Job Role -Case Admin
"The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and
* Development and implementation of business administration systems,
databases and recording systems to support operational probation delivery.
* Preparation and collation of a range of documentation for a variety of
purposes to support effective divisional, functional or cluster business
activity and operational probation delivery
* Maintenance of ( or supporting the relevant Business Manager to maintain)
Divisional, functional or cluster Registers such as Serious Further Offences,
Freedom of Information, Accidents, Complaints, inputting data, monitoring
agreed probation processes and ensuring completion in specified timescales
* Collection and distribution of monies to/from Imprest, and maintenance of
* Act as Vetting Contact Point for the relevant division, function or cluster
* Monitor Travel Warrants, Bus passes, cheque book requests and assist with
Purchase Orders where required, and within the agreed procurement
* Attend meetings and events to represent the relevant Business Manager as
agreed from time to time
Health, Safety & Fire
* Ensure the timely reporting of problems, including repairs, defects and
security issues with the building(s) to facilities contractors and maintain
progress to reach satisfactory conclusions and ensure equipment is in good
NPS-JES-0047_Pay Band 3 Senior Administrative Officer _v4.0
* Undertake and co-ordinate health and safety risk assessments, fire drills and
ergonomic assessments at the relevant sites, or ensure they are undertaken.
Reporting issues locally and to the Divisional HS&F Manager. Maintaining
registers and coordinating training.
* Act as Cardinus Assessor, First Aider and Fire Warden and take forward
actions to deal with local issues arising from incidents and DSE Assessments,
or ensure that there are sufficient people able to undertake these roles at
the relevant sites.
Effectively Manage and Develop staff
* To provide effective management and leadership to the team
* To proactively manage staff development, issues of underperformance,
attendance, health and safety, employee relations and diversity matters. Adopt
a consistent, fair and objective standpoint when making decisions in relation to
individual staff issues
* Contribute to relevant training and development events as a trainer
* Support recruitment activity for relevant posts within the cluster/division
Use communication effectively
* Write reports to support the effective operation of the
* Participate in meetings where appropriate, using appropriate skills, styles
* Contribute to the management of the Division/Cluster/Function
Enhance your own performance
* Manage own resources and take responsibility for own professional
Use information to take critical decisions
* Liaise with staff to receive, collate and analyse information, developing
systems and compiling reports as necessary . Using data to identify trends
and taking appropriate action to maintain and enhance performance.
* Ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken towards the maintenance,
security and confidentiality of written and electronically stored material, in
line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and Information
Security Policies and Procedures.
* To ensure that all team resources, , are deployed cost effectively and provide
* Undertake (or support locally if the role is held divisionally) the Knowledge
and Information Liaison Officer role offering advice and guidance to OMs in
completing such requests and work with Data Access Compliance Unit to
complete responses. Acting as Record Retrieval Requestor in line with
divisional, function or cluster arrangements.
* Demonstrate pro-social mo
" To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
Typical qualifications and experience: five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent), NVQ Business Administration Level 2, or suitable clerical experience. Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
If successful in your application, an in-depth background and clearance check will be required, including Criminal Record Checks (DBS Checks), Reference Checks (Employment, Education and any gaps) (3 years), Address checks (5 years) and may involve us obtaining character references and/or other evidence to cover periods of unemployment.
To apply please complete our online Registration by clicking the following link https://registrations.brookstreet .co.uk/public-sector-registration.aspx and applying online.