A fantastic opportunity to work with one of our government based client within the national probation service in Laindon. Our client is looking for candidates to join their team ASAP.
- Full time
- Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
- 37hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location - Laindon
- Pay Rate: £9.06ph - rising to £9.56 ph after 12 weeks
Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Administration support for probation practitioners relating case management.
- Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
- "ct as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Undertake specific administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and, distributing notes/minutes and action points
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes, challenge anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- Attention to detail and information processing.
- Working remotely and in the office so will need to be self motivated, work on own but also in a team.
- Technical skills such as Microsoft packages excecl, word, outlook and onenote.
- Experience in using bespoke system databases to store information.
- All offers are subject to 3 years referencing and a DBS check.
If this role interests you, please apply below.