My government client based in Moss Side M16, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to work within the Public Sector as a Case Administrator.
The jobholder will provide administrative support within the National Probation Service (NPS), ensuring that staff and service users are supported through efficient processes, maintaining administration systems within specified timescales in order to promote the achievement of team and Divisional objectives.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
You will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
* Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant approved databases.
* Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
* Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
* Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
* Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
* Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
* Carry out enforcement administration as required.
* Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
* Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
* Undertake specific Visor administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
* Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and , distributing notes/minutes and action points
* Provide cover within the unit and to other units within the LDU and Division as appropriate.
* Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
This position is full time temporary position initially for 3 months with the potential of being extended. The working hours are 09:00-17:00pm. Pay rate will start at £7.98 and will rise to £9.02 after 12 weeks.
As this role is within the Government Sector, we will require seeing 3 years' worth of references and you will be required to undertake a criminal DBS check.
If you feel that this is something that interests you and you will be suitable for this role, please apply online.