We are looking for an Administration officer to work for the Leeds Combined Courts located in the centre of Leeds. The rate of pay will be £7.98 per hour and will increase to £9.02 per hour after 12 weeks. 37 hours per week Monday-Friday. This will be a temporary long term assignment.
The role will include the following duties:
- Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce re-offending.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service.
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required.
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel cost etc., maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
You will be required to maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary. Additional duties include:
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and, distributing notes/minutes and action points.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
- Provide cover within the unit and to other units within the LDU and Division as appropriate.
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies.
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes, challenge anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in date passport*