NPS Case Admin- Job Description
Hours: Hours of work Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00pm There is some flexibility by prior arrangement with line manager. However there may be occasions when someone is required to work until 7pm on a rota basis. If this is the case time off can be given to reconcille these hours at time that is mutually beneficial to the candidate and our operation.
Salary: £9.06 per hour rising to £9.56 after 12 weeks
The NPS makes sure individuals serve the sentences and orders handed out by courts, both in prisons and the community. they are accountable for how prisons are run in England and Wales.
NPS delivers probation services to high risk offender and works in partnership with Community Rehabilitation Companies set up to deliver probation services to low and medium risk offenders.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant approved databases.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary
- Carry out enforcement administration as required
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- receiving calls from internal and external stakeholder
- Signing in Service users
- To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash Maintaining data bases
- Working with confidential/sensitive material
- Updating excel spreadsheets
- Covering reception duties
- Maintaining databases
Skills required for the role:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
Excellent use of Microsoft package including word and excel