Up to £10.42 per hour
HT7868 NPS Aldershot_1705664265
about 1 month ago
We've got a great opportunity for a full-time, temporary on-going assignment within the National Probation Service, for a case admin, to join an admin team, Aldershot location.
Our client The Probation Service is a statutory criminal justice service that supervises high-risk offenders released into the community. The Probation Service is a statutory criminal justice service that supervises offenders released into the community, while protecting the public.
Case Admin - Full time
- Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
- May be required to work from 11am till 7pm on one or two nights per week as part of a rota between staff
- 37 hours per week
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
- Location - Imperial House, Grosvenor Road, Aldershot, GU11 1DP
- Potential for working in the Basingstoke office on occasion
- Temporary Contract - long temporary assignment
- Pay Rate: £10.42ph
The jobholder will provide administrative support within the National Probation Service (NPS), ensuring that staff and service users are supported through efficient processes, maintaining administration systems within specified timescales in order to promote the achievement of team and Divisional objectives.
- In line with NPS policies and procedures, the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- This role may involve some out of hours work.
- The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties:
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant approved databases.
- Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Undertake specific Visor administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and , distributing notes/minutes and action points
All offers are subject to 3 years referencing and HMPPS Vetting.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.