Our public sector client are looking for a temporary worker to join their team as an admin officer. You will be working along side the national probation service, assisting with all of their administration.
You will be required to work as part of team, with excellent communication skills. Your day to day duties will include:
- Setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant databases,
- Preparing cases for court and recording court outcomes accurately,
- Liaising with a multitude of agencies including courts, solicitors, childrens services, police, mental health services to collate information,
- Dealing with telephone queries,
- Receive and distribute relevant information and communication in an appropriate manner (telephone, paper and email).
- Setting up video links with prisons,
- Maintaining various excel spreadsheets,
- Liaising with offenders to organise appointments,
- Covering reception when required,
- Dealing with a wide range of people, some who may be in a crisis, distressed or may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour
The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of information handled while working in position. You will be required to meet performance targets to ensure cases are processed in a timely manner.
This role is initially temporary until 25/01/22, with the chance of being extended. This is a full time, Monday - Friday role, working 9am - 5pm. The pay rate is £9.06, increasing to £9.56 after 12 weeks.
The successful candidate will be required to under go Prison vetting due to the nature of the role.