Brook Street are proud to advertise an opportunity to join the National Probation Service (NPS) as a Case Administrator on a temporary basis.
This opportunity is with the National Probation Service based in Portsmouth, part of the National Offender Management Service. This is a fast paced working environment and staff are often required to work under pressure to meet deadlines, training is provided on the job. This is a Part Time position working 15 hours a week
This role requires you to carry out a variety of responsibilities and activities, including:
- Taking minutes for meetings
- Contacting other organisations such as the Police
- Database maintenance
- Maintaining files and records in accordance with required standards
- Communications including telephone, paper and email
- Providing cover for Reception
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
- Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
- Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
- Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Undertake specific Visor administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and , distributing notes/minutes and action points
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
- Provide cover within the unit and to other units within the LDU and Division as appropriate.
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes, challenge anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
The ideal candidate will be a competent computer user who is able to work independently and as part of a team. They will be confident dealing with difficult situations which can include aggressive language and behaviour.
Civil Service Competencies
Delivering at pace
Making effective decisions
Collaborating and partnering
Changing and improving
Delivering a quality service
- Good keyboard and IT skills including MS office Word and Excel
- Database Management
- Numeric Skills
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all elvels
- Ability to use own initiative
This role requires qualifications at GCSE A* - C grade or equivalent, including Math and English (and Welsh where appropriate) or proven track record in commensurate role..
Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent), awareness of Health and Safety processes (training will be given as required)
Pay rate £7.98 rising to £9.02 after 12 weeks
15 Hours per week