NPS (National Probation Service)
Location: Leeds City Centre
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Pay: 8.87 increasing to 9.28 after 12 weeks
This is a temporary position which will go on for as long as needed during the pandemic
The NPS makes sure individuals serve the sentences and orders handed out by courts, both in prisons and the community. they are accountable for how prisons are run in England and Wales.
NPS delivers probation services to high risk offender and works in partnership with Community Rehabilitation Companies set up to deliver probation services to low and medium risk offenders.
We are looking for an admin officer to join the team with our client (NPS) National Probation Service. This is a great opportunity to work as a Covid-19 testing operative
- Handing out COVID test kits to internal staff and cleaners
- Taking completed test kits back to the lab, awaiting results, recording them and then disposing in the hazard waste appropriately
- Assisting the lab staff
- You will have full PPE but will not need to be any closer than 2m to anyone
- Maintaining internal database/booking system
- Logging results
- Managing stock of testing kit
Skills required for the role:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Good use of computer systems
*Please note working for the NPS will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport.
You MUST be able to pass a criminal (DBS) check*