Up to £17.59 per hour
about 1 month ago
6 - 9 months
Brook Street Ltd are pleased to announce an amazing opportunity within MOD - Aldershot Centre for Health for 2 x Case Workers. This is a full time role, hibrid work, Monday to Friday at an hourly rate of £17.59/hr
This role requires Safeguarding Case Workers to be suitably qualified and expert practitioners in Safeguarding work, able to conduct child safeguarding investigations and confident in multi-agency collaboration whilst ensuring a child centred approach.
Case Workers work collaboratively with customers including children, families, volunteers, and employees in the Army Cadets, and those representing other agencies including Social Services and Police.
Case Workers provide safeguarding advice and support to others, and will handle a caseload of safeguarding cases, completing enquiries and make child centred decisions. When appropriate they will make referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service or equivalents.
The role will involve leading cases across a wide geographical area.
A Safeguarding Caseworker will:
- Work in a child centred way by promoting the wellbeing and safeguarding of children above other factors
- Act as a point of contact for safeguarding disclosures, concerns and referrals, providing experienced advice and guidance and sharing information with other agencies as vital
- Attend multi-agency and internal meetings virtually and/ or in-person
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other partners
- Undertake enquiries and resolve suitability of individuals to remain in the Army Cadets
- Lead safeguarding cases in line with national legislation, guidance and Army Cadet Regulations and Safeguarding standing orders
- Utilise sound professional judgement to make decisions on safeguarding cases
- Complete all vital documentation, ensuring full and accurate records are maintained
- Submit appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service, Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scotland, or Access Northern Ireland
- Participate substantially in regular professional supervision
- Seek and engage with opportunities for continuous professional development
- Understand and advise on the relevant data protection legislation and regulations, especially the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation, in relation to safeguarding casework
The ideal candidate will have experience of front-line child protection intervention and/ or risk assessment of perpetrators of abuse.
You must be somebody that is able to make decision and to manage risk in urgent time.
They will also ideally have but are not limited to a Diploma, Degree in a relevant subject area, or experience as a Social Worker, Nurse, Police Officer, Youth Offending Officer or Probation Officer. If you don't think you fit any of this, if you have previous experience in a safeguarding children's role, or have sound knowledge of legal frameworks, we encourage you to apply.
Pay Rate: £17.59/ hr
Schedule: 08.30 - 16.30 or 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday - 37 hrs per week. Work on site during training, hybrig work 60% office - 40% work from home accepted afterwards
Duration: 6 months, with 3 months extension possibility
Location: Ministry Of Defence, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot, GU11 1AY
*The offered candidate is subject to an Enhanced DBS and 3 years activity check
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.