Contract: 12 months
Rate of Pay: £14.03
Shifts: You will be asked to work on a 24/7 shift pattern, this will include unsocial hours
Working for a large Central Government Department, based at Glasgow Airport, you will be responsible for updating record of arriving passengers and processing applications, who have recently arrived in the UK.
In this role you will:
- Have great customer service skills
- Processing web-based applications for Border Force products.
- Administering the casework database. Updating individual's records with case progress, accurately recording application outcome decisions
- Progressing their own casework prioritising work based on assessment of risk and service level agreements.
- Processing customer email correspondence and issuing replies.
- You will need to be proactive in management of your time.
Training Duration: Training will be given and an immediate start will be confirmed, once vetting is completed
What we need from you:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to provide excellent customer service
- Enjoy working members of the public and be comfortable speaking to people face to face
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Have flexibility with regards to working hours, as the roles involve working shifts including weekends, Bank Holidays etc
- You must be able to provide all ID documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance. These roles are subject to SC (Security Check) clearance
- These roles are classified as "reserved" and applicants must hold a current UK Passport
- You must be able to provide evidence of activity for the past three to five years and 2 acceptable proofs of address
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply now!