Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting Category Assistant`s on behalf of our leading Public Sector client
Education Authority Northern Ireland located in Armagh.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles across Northern Ireland, we have placed candidates into with The Education Authority Northern Ireland have been extended beyond the original timeframe, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have been successful in securing fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
As Category Assistant, you will provide efficient and effective administrative support for the daily functional and operational staff.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct typing and word-processing duties.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision.
Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Supervision of a team and delegating tasks in the absence of Senior Management
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
- Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- Preparing routine correspondence
Typical Qualifications and Experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back office support and mentoring
- Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions across NI.
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £10.70 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.