Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Category Manager
This is a contract role based in Reading for (18) months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Annual Rate: £47,600.00 per annum plus 5% end of contract bonus, depending on experience.
Category Manager Responsibilities:
- The Category team divides responsibilities by sub-categories. As part of your role, you would own the Education categories. You will be the executing the companies business plan ensuring we have aligned sales, marketing and partner plans that deliver growth.
- Working closely with a broad set of stakeholders across the commercial business at Microsoft, including account managers and marketers, plus industry partners who either make or sell the companies devices into Education.
- Demonstrating an ability to balance short and long term, being able to articulate a long term transformed vision and translating that into a set of shorter term actions to help get a broad set of stakeholders on the journey towards a shared growth goal.
- Understanding industry dynamics and category insights. You will become the voice of this category internally with stakeholders, externally with partners and the broader industry.
- Learing new software features on the Engineering roadmap and hardware features from device makers, into relatable stories for your target audience to understand and get excited about.
Category Manager Requirements
- 5+ years of prior Business Marketing; Product Marketing; Commercial Management; Sales Management; Buying; or Category Management experience.
- Educated to a Degree level.
Deadline for CV submission: 1st of October 2019 at 3:00pm