Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Category Manager/Buyer.
This is a contract role to start early February for a period of 18 months.
The role will require regular presence in our client's London Paddington offices post-Covid/when safe, for the time being the role will be remote/home based.
You will be responsible for helping the category buyer to build and grow business for our client's Stores. This includes helping to drive the assortment, promotions and relationships necessary to build upon our client's existing merchandising strategy for both the brick-and-mortar and online store efforts.
As they expand their store base and continue to improve our experiences online, an effective multi-channel business strategy is pivotal to their success. Effectively assorting the right products for the stores means striking a fine balance between establishing a unique and innovative selection to drive interest and traffic and a selection of product that will drive meaningful increases in revenues and affinity for the stores.
You will need to possess a solid track record of effort, results and a passion for technology. We're looking someone who loves finding the latest and greatest new technology products and has an interest and desire to learn how to be a merchant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist category buyer with product assortment for our client's Stores
- Comp shopping
- Item set up
- Promo set up
- Run and maintain a variety of reports to help analyze the business
- Maintain category promotion calendar (rolling 12 months)
- Participate in supplier calls and meetings to help run the business
- Track and monitor technology blogs to ensure we are staying ahead of the curve on products and trends
Success Criteria (measured by)
- Category sales/ revenue growth
- Increasing profitability of category
- Customer satisfaction with merchandise selection
- Consistent visibility to pricing in market
- Accuracy of item and promotional set ups
- Timely assortment of innovative product
- Best in class Assortment
- Build and maintain strategic OEM relationships
Candidates should have the following:
- Demonstrated track record of driving results with integrity
- Principled and transparent approach to decision making and communications
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 20th January