Brook Street is working with a large, ambitious employer with offices throughout Wales & the South West with their head office based in Newport.
We are looking for a CIPS qualified Category Manager within the Procurement department, directly reporting into the Procurement Manager.
This is an incredible employer with a suite of great benefits:
- Excellent starting salary with annual reviews
- 25 Days Holiday (5 weeks) + Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits
- Hybrid working environment
- Personal development & training packages tailored to your own needs
- The role is responsible for managing the Goods & Services category, with the delivery of strategic sourcing in order to meet business and end-user needs a managing supporting staff.
- Responsible for ensuring value for money in line with cost-saving measures throughout the business.
- This role will involve the development of procurement strategy, drafting ITT and RFQ's, the negotiation and implementation of Contracts and Framework Agreements
- Demonstrable experience within procurement / buying at a similar level
- A good standard of numeracy and accuracy in written information
- Experience with commercial contracts and templates
- Essential - Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)