Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Category Manager
This is a contract role based in Reading for (18) months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Annual Rate: £36,350.00 per annum plus 5% end of contract bonus, depending on experience.
As a Category manager in the EMEA HQ organization you will be working on growing the Xbox gaming business in EMEA by supporting the field as well as the HQ Category teams with planning & execution of key sales & marketing programs focused on driving purchase intent, conversion & post purchase advocacy & consumer lifetime value for Xbox devices, content, accessories, and services.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Driving & coordinating the Xbox rhythm of the business for the EMEA HQ Category team, which includes
- Facilitating the weekly regional Team Calls (maintaining schedules, defining the agenda, moderating the calls as well as driving the associated follow-ups)
- Writing a weekly business summary newsletter explaining the state of the business and sharing of key activities
- Support with populating business review templates (with help from the LOB managers)
- Maintaining team aliases and schedules
- Track market share performance across the EMEA markets on a weekly basis and work with the Field-teams to understand and articulate performance drivers
- Being the subject matter expert and key point of contact for our retail programs (e.g. rebate & attach programs) which you will help design and model on an annual basis.
- Keeping our product release database up to date in partnership with the global product management teams and working with the operations teams to communicate street dates & price lists to our retail partners
- Coordinate our Event presence across EMEA together with our agency and the global content teams
- Coordinate promotional activities, act as point of contact for the field teams, distribute assets and drive follow ups to evaluate the ROI
- Own the central samples management process for key product releases
- Define and own a best practice sharing process that allows us to grow successful local programs beyond the borders of just one region
The top 3 must have skills are as follows:
- Business acumen - person who is good at understanding the business, managing numbers - driving day to day business.
- Strong communication skins - working with regional team and working with hq/corp
- Passion for gaming industry. (not a must have - just a plus)
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Sharp analytical skills and acumen to review and manage budgets, market data, and revenue opportunities.
- Strong ability to summarize complex business situations and to remove complexities
- Experience in planning and executing marketing strategies and sales activities that drive business results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about building businesses, and thrives within a fast paced environment.
- Able to directly deliver and deliver thru influence of others
- Previous experience in the consumer electronics industry, gaming industry, retail category management, or like business. Experience with devices sales in consumer channels a plus.
- Strong English language skills, both verbally and written
Deadline for CV submission: 30th of April 2019 at 1:00pm