We have an exciting temporary opportunity for an Admin assistant (Medical Casework Officer) to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton.
- Process and manage ML5 medical referrals, ensuring all medical reports and referral forms are fully complete prior to submission to the ML5 medical assessor.
- Act as focal point for enquiries in relation to ML5 referrals, for the four medical assessors, the Royal Yachting Association, Marine Offices, doctors and seafarers ensuring any correspondence is updated on file and referrals are dealt with within 10 working days. Ensure quarterly invoices are verified and processed for payment.
- Provide administrative support in organising casework audit meetings, including the preparation of casework audit folders, and making arrangements for the day.
- Provide customer service, answering telephone enquiries / emails / letters from seafarers, Approved Doctors, Marine Offices, industry etc in relation to the medical certification of seafarers and the seafarer medical and eyesight standards. Respond to Approved Doctors' requests for medical certificates within 2 working days.
- Assist in the recruitment of Approved Doctors by arranging trawl notification, monitoring and collating application forms for submission to the Chief Medical Adviser and preparing appointment packs for successful candidates.
- Provide administrative support in relation to Approved Doctors' audits, liaising with the Chief Medical Adviser and the doctor to agree dates and times, preparing audit packs and monitoring and following up any outstanding non-conformities.
Contribute and provide support to other administrative tasks such as: branch projects, travel and accommodation arrangements, updating the branch website, maintaining oversight of branch time sheets on E-Track, customer service initiatives and improvement of working practices.
Pay rate: £9.06/hour, it will go up to £11.19 after 12 worked weeks / Monday to Friday-37.50 hours/week