We are working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Retail Channel Marketer on an initial 10 month contract.
This role will be based remotely initially, however, there will be regular presence required in our client's Reading offices and partner sites going forwards.
The salary offered is up to £47,000 pa.
You will drive relationships and activation of our client's key distributor accounts, building full-funnel partner-specific plans, leveraging worldwide guidance and proven omnichannel strategies across digital and physical environments. This role is a unique account owner, working with and through distribution partners to drive advocacy, conversion, brand consistency and execution excellence. Channel Marketers have end-to-end responsibility for planning, execution through partners, brand consistency, visual merchandising assets, training & readiness vehicles, digital execution and our demo platform.
This role is about facilitating and influencing for impact as you'll work to build plans that get executed through partners. While traditional Channel Marketers may own 1 to few accounts, you will own distributor partners that manage a portfolio of retail partners. You will work closely with Category, Sales and Marketing Operations to drive full-funnel plans, marketing investment strategy and marketing mix across key marketing disciplines in order to drive growth in revenue, profit and share. Managing a retailer portfolio, you'll look to build plans that scale, leverage platforms, build templates that are easily adopted & replicated. You will also work closely with Partner Activation and Digital Leads to activate evangelism platforms and drive digital transformation. Your passion for our client's products and their partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to sell-out and sell-through.
The impact you'll make
Drive readiness, lead execution and earn fans by leveraging Channel & Device Marketing strategies and tactics
- (20%) Strategic Business Planning
- Create short, medium and long-term full-funnel disti and thru-partner execution plans that maintain channel momentum and profitability through the product life cycle and are tailored to account, partner and consumer needs
- Develop a modern marketing mix that focuses on omnichannel innovation and maximizing ROI
- (20%) Partner Experiences
- Activate eCommerce sales motions through digital marketing excellence, a connected storefront and mobile-first execution
- Build brand advocates among retail sellers through training, evangelism and community engagement platforms
- Influence conversion both in-store and online through seamless and synchronized shopper journeys/experiences
- Optimize in-store presence by maintaining and future-proofing our in-store experiences
- Deliver compelling demo experiences through sell in of Retail Demo Experience platforms
- Differentiate our client from the competition buy building connected product stories that are locally relevant
- Localize global campaigns & creative to regional nuances and partner requirements
- (20%) Partner Centricity & Relationship-building
- Act as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the retailer/partner building credibility and impact and influence to help land key seasonal and product priorities.
- Develop partner capability assessments to identify key partner opportunities and relationship strategy
- Collaborate and drive co-marketing campaigns that involve our ingredient partners and hardware/device partners.
- Role model a culture of integrity and compliance, where trust and transparency are core to all decisions
- (20%) Execution Excellence
- Deliver against timelines, budgets, and scorecards while also capitalizing on innovation opportunities
- Drive creation and review of monthly and quarterly feedback/reporting in support of regular business milestones
- Ensure brand consistency and deep understanding of the customer, competitive and marketing landscape
- (20%)Analytics and Insights
- Analyse performance results against execution activities to identify causals, opportunities and action plans
- Incorporate key insights from accounts to drive informed marketing action plans
- Create a culture of learning, encouraging tests and trials that constantly move our marketing execution forward
- Marketing qualification or relative work experience in Retail/Channel Marketing/Marketing/Retail or Commercial Sales
- Proven success in marketing and execution planning - particularly Retail Marketing with Consumer Technology products
- Executive & Intercultural communication skills
- Adept at building integrated partner marketing plans and campaigns across multiple marketing disciplines
- Direct experience interfacing with partners and a proven track record delivering growth/performance metrics.
- Understand the digital and physical buying journey (omni channel), well-versed in sales channels, commerce platforms. Expertise landing and coordinating cross-discipline marketing programs and sales programs.
- Track record of marketing execution excellence and ROI through planning, operations-savvy, creative execution, readiness and analytics/insights
- Experience managing ambiguity and rapid change - demonstrate agility and risk-taking
- Digital and social media marketing knowledge
- Negotiation, planning, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
Deadline for applications: 24/02/21