I am recruiting for a Community Fundraiser to work for an extremely well known, reputable and invaluable terminal illness care charity covering the Derbyshire area; this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role where your help and support makes a real difference to people`s lives and my client are offering an attractive salary of up to £31,000 dependant on experience.
Covering the Derbyshire area your time will be split between working in the Derby office and being out in the community. You will be building and developing fundraising relationships in the communities of your defined fundraising patch by providing excellent stewardship and support to the Charities Fundraising Groups, volunteers and key supporters in order to increase income and deliver the agreed Community Fundraising strategy. You will be responsible for supporting, developing and inspiring volunteers and fundraising groups to ensure the local fundraising activity is as effective as possible in delivering the maximum income in your area for local campaigns as well as national campaigns.
You will be working for a long standing, well known and established charity that operate on a national level and offer in home and hospice care and support to people with a terminal illness and their families.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Maintain and develop the Fundraising Group and Volunteer network
- In liaison with the region's Fundraising Volunteer Development Manager, identify, research and form new fundraising groups in the community by organising community days and meeting potential volunteers face to face
- Support, develop and inspire volunteers and fundraising groups to ensure our local fundraising activity is as effective as possible in delivering the maximum income in your area for local campaigns as well as national campaigns
- Induct, train and manage volunteers
- Represent the charity confidently in a range of formal and informal settings
- Create and deliver an annual volunteer recruitment plan to grow numbers of volunteers in dedicated roles
- Provide excellent stewardship, on-going support and motivation to a network of fundraising groups and volunteers
- Proactively seeking new fundraising supporters in the local community
- Having a full driving license and access to your own vehicle is essential
- Happy with working in the Derby office and spending time out in the Derbyshire area
- You'll be a 'people person' and enjoy building rapport with both individuals and groups
- Previous fundraising experience is desirable
- Able to understand volunteer needs and motivations and support them
- Have experience of recruiting and managing volunteers and fundraising groups would be ideal
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures would be ideal
- Knowledge of fundraising operational procedures (e.g. health and safety, financial, volunteer etc.) would be ideal
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with people
- Comfortable and able to work to targets, plans and budgets
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to plan and organise activities and campaigns including marketing/PR
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of co-ordinating collections
Monday - Friday shift basis
09:00 - 17:00
MUST be flexible to work occasional evenings/weekends for events (time in lieu for when these hours are worked)
Closing date Tuesday 15th October with interviews taking place on Wednesday 30th October
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY YOU IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE INCLUDING BEING A DRIVER WITH ACCESS TO YOUR OWN CAR***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £26,044 - £31,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
- 35 hour working week
- 33 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Quarterly rewards for individuals and teams
- Personal Pension Scheme
- Loan schemes for bikes, computers and satellite navigation systems
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Charlie or Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***