Brook Street is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our Belfast client for a Chartered Structural Engineer to supplement their structural design team.
The preferred candidate should have at least 3 years previous experience in developing creative and efficient structural design solutions for a variety of structural steel-work and reinforced concrete building structures
The candidate should have a gained experience in successfully delivering these designs within a collaborative design-team environment through conventional and design/build construction procurement approaches.
* Working closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals
* Developing design ideas using CAD software
* Investigating the properties of materials like glass, steel and concrete, and advising which is most suitable
* Working out the loads and stresses on different parts of a structure
* Using computer simulations to predict how structures will react under different conditions
* Inspecting unsafe buildings and recommending options for repairs or demolition
* Making sure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements
* Preparing bids for tenders
* Giving progress reports to clients and senior managers
The post is full time and based in their Belfast office.
Salary will depend on background £35-45K per annum
Please send CV via the apply link