Up to £33750 per annum
about 1 month ago
Do you want to work in an environment that offers the opportunity to influence financial policy at both a local and national level?
Do you want to ensure public money is spent effectively and receives value for money across community safety and policing?
If the answer is yes, I want to hear from you!
I am recruiting a Chief Finance Officer on a part time basis for 22.5 hours a week (i.e., 3 days per week).
£59,118- £64,992 Pro Rata.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to -
1. Lead on the development of the financial strategy and be actively involved in, and able to bring influence to bear on all strategic business decisions, ensuring all financial implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered, and align with the financial strategy.
2. Lead on the budget setting, reserves and treasury management strategy and arrangements.
3. Lead on the promotion and delivery by good financial management so public money is always safeguarded and used appropriately, economically, efficiently, and effectively; and must ensure the finance function is fit for purpose and provides value for money.
4. Represent us at national and regional events / network events.
5. Ensure publication of all relevant external reporting requirements, in accordance with statutory requirements and deadlines.
6. Arrange for the determination and issuing of the relevant precept demands.
7. Take the lead role in supporting the effective functions of the Joint Independent Audit Committee.
8. Lead on governance, ensuring open and transparent systems and decision making are in place.
9. Manage and develop a small team of staff.
Essential for this role -
" Relevant degree or equivalent in a field related to financial management.
" Member of a chartered accounting body.
To discuss this position and / or for further information then please do apply!