SEEKING CHILDCARE PRACTITIONER? Do you have a track record of success with OFSTED? Are you an experienced in child care that is up-to-date with the current child protection acts and policy? If your answer is yes to all the above, then please continue reading...
My client is looking to recruit a child care practitioner with relevant experience and knowledge of managing a service for 5 to 18 years old with Physical/Emotional/Social Needs of children and Young People with complex needs. This is a day care home with facilities such as a sensory room, soft play house, sensory walls. they have dedicated rooms for these and also areas of play where the children can play with toys, puzzles, Sand. (outside) and paint. We are looking for somebody who is dynamic and passionate about providing care and advice to impressionable minds.
The ideal candidate will have:
-A minimum of 2 years` experience of working with children.
-A minimum of NVQ level 3 in Childcare.
-The ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is also important.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist in the development of new techniques and approaches to child care provisions
- To engage in and supervise day to day care practices, creating an accepting environment conducive to the positive personal development of each child /Young Person
- To undertake in planning for and preparation of children/Young People for admission or discharge, to and from day or overnight service. This may include professional negotiations to ensure that the Young Person transfers to an environment stable for that individual and one where he/she can cope or be assisted to cope
- Computer literate and Literacy skills as will be writing up reports and assessments.
My client prides their selves on staff engagement, this is done by offering a competitive salary package as well as additional benefits:
- (30hr) 7 Day Rota, 6 Month Contract with possibility of going perm
- £20,094 - £25,243 Per Annum With an additional £70 `sleep in` per night, plus London living wage £3,333.00
- All staff are expected to undertake training to Diploma level.
- Petrol Allowance Paid when using own car
If you feel you`re suitable for the role or just have a general enquiry, then please send your up to date CV to Orion at BS Social Care: or contact me directly on 0208 918 1420.
BS Social care work on a range of services on both a temporary and permanent basis, so if this role is not for you but you have experience within Social Care then please don`t hesitate to get in touch to see what else we may have.