Post: Residential Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Basis: Full-time £38,000 to £42,000pa (hours as required)
Responsible to: Care Director
- To be responsible for the safeguarding of the children and young people in your care.
- Leading, managing and motivating your team to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
- To work positively alongside all agencies and families.
- Understand the needs of the children and young people to ensure all staff are to work with them to ensure positive outcomes.
- To manage the performance of staff.
- To ensure an effective workforce strategy, including safe rota's recruitment induction, supervision, and professional development .
- Offer leadership and management to a diverse residential care team which strives towards excellence in residential childcare provision, in keeping with the aims and objectives of the Homes statement of purpose
- Promote and facilitate the healthy development of the children and young people placed in residential care.
- Protect children and young people from threats to their health, welfare and normal development, both from inside and outside the home(s).
- Ensure that children and young people facing crisis and stress are offered appropriate additional support as necessary.
- Ensure that the children and young people carry as much responsibility for their own lives as they can reasonably and demonstrably be expected to carry, keeping them informed of their circumstances and rights, involving them in planning their lives, supporting them and helping them towards taking greater control and responsibility.
- Ensure transitions for children and young people are well planned, especially admission and discharge through close liaison with the Care director /Senior Management team
- To implement and ensure consistent practice in the home which meets the policies and procedures of Assure Healthcare Homes
- Ensure compliance with the Children's Home Regulations and associated regulations, the Children's Homes National Minimum Standards and any recommendations outlined by Ofsted.
- Provide management oversight of all aspects of the task of the households and direct work with the young people.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining culture, routines, practice and environment of the household, which are in harmony with the philosophical direction of the organisation.
- Link closely with the Care director /Senior Management and other departmental leads to ensure joined up thinking within the organisation.
- Ensure all children and young people have key work sessions to ensure external networks are kept informed as necessary of developments.
- Be responsible for the deployment of staff in their team, to meet their team's tasks effectively within the household and into the weekend and school holidays, taking account of annual leave and sickness/absence.
- Chair appropriate meetings as required.
- Perform On Call duties as required.
- Ofsted inspection requirements
- Managing the Ofsted inspection process to achieve the highest possible evaluation and Standards of Care.
If you think this is the job for you please apply