Do you have experience of leading a team within a care setting, have you supported young people with their transition into adulthood within a residential setting?
We are looking to recruit 2 Team Leaders to manage a team of residential support workers for a new service based in the York area who provide bespoke 24/7 wrap around CAMHS service for young people & residential care teams.
The team all have specialist experience of complex young people in Tier 4 inpatient, residential care settings and community placements. They have a particular expertise in managing transitions from hospital and secure settings into the community in as smooth a manner as possible. The team support transition into adulthood working with young people up to age 25.
You will undertake a wide range of duties which will involve direct and indirect care of young people who have complex mental health needs within Care in Mind Residential homes and various other settings e.g. school/leisure activities. To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people and to promote their independence ensuring continuity of care in accordance with our client policies and procedures.
Qualities & requirement for this role
- Previous team leader experience within a residential setting supporting young adults up to the age of 25
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in care or equivalent
- 12 months experience supporting children within a residential setting or 6 months experience with relevant qualification
- Good verbal communication skills
- Report writing
- Understanding of issues surrounding safeguarding & confidentiality
- Ability to meet the needs of young people
- Ability to inspire others and take a responsibility for personal development
Our client is looking to offer a permanent starting salary of £19,080 alternatively you have the option to work temp to perm through BS Social Care where you would be paid on a weekly basis.
Childcare voucher scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Enhanced company pension
Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
Recruit a friend scheme
Employee of the year awards
Employee Assistance programme/counselling service
Free on-site parking
Online shopping discounts
Fantastic working environment
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undertake a DBS check, it would be beneficial if you are on the DBS Update Service.
Car Driver Essential due to location