Permanent Opportunity after 12 weeks probation!
Children`s Residential Support Worker required for a home which specialises in providing treatment for children and young people who have experienced early life complex trauma such as sexual, physical and emotional abuse, separation, loss and neglect.
The focus is on their education, behaviour, physical and mental well being and social/life skills hoping to transition them through therapeutic care in order to move them onto long-term foster placements or independent living.
The homes are fast-paced and offer individualised and creative care for their young people. The team like to have fun and go on lots of activities locally with the young people and have them engage in after school activities. The team have strong family values and the young people are at the heart of every decision the team makes.
Duties will include:
- Transporting the children around
- Making sure the young person in our care has taken all their medication that day
- Helping them to access education
- Household duties
- Days out (social events, shopping, cinema, swimming)
- Contacts, visit, key work meeting and therapy sessions
- Offering guidance, support and structure to their everyday lives
Pay rate between £9.00-£9.45 per hour.
8am - 10pm
Sleep 10pm - 7am
Three shifts a week on average, including weekends (Overtime available)
Rota`s are available 2/3 weeks in advance (flexibility required in case of emergency and/or sickness).
Be aware you will need to work Sleep-In`s and weekends.
Candidates MUST hold a full UK Driving license
NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People`s Workforce preferred but not essential.
Restraint training would be a distinct advantage.
You will need the following skills/qualifications:
- A passion for working with children
-Passionate about care and support
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Engaging and fun
- Strong determination to succeed
- A willingness to learn
About the company:
They are one of the largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children in the UK.
Although their work embraces many specialist disciplines, they all have the same purpose: To enable all people in their care to achieve their personal best.
They provide services to almost 2,000 children and young people across 224 locations.
- Work with a team of clinicians, and can offer bespoke training and clinical supervision for staff!
- Offer Diplomas ranging from Level 3-5, plus has its own management development program that has a proven success rate.
After two years of service you will receive a simply health plan (dental and optical)
- Benefits and high street discount scheme available to employees and also the car finance salary sacrifice scheme
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
- Overtime (when available)
- Employee discount scheme Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Career progression and CPD Monthly Supervision
To apply please send your CV to: or call us on 0116 253 2550.