We have a fantastic opportunity to become a Children's Support Worker!
- Do you have a background in Youth Work?
- Have you ever worked with vulnerable children with a range of needs? (in a paid or voluntary capacity)
- Have you worked with vulnerable adults and are looking to get into working with children?
If any of these apply to you, we would love to hear from you!
Supporting vulnerable children with a range of needs, which may include challenging behaviours and mental health needs.
You will support children to transition between services and will support them in a holistic way with a range of therapeutic activities, including taking them out and about to do fun activities in the local area. You will also provide emotional support and will help provide a stable and nurturing environment.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of children who may have had a traumatic upbringing or be going through an unstable time in their lives.
- You will need to be resilient, as the role will be rewarding but can also be challenging at times.
- You must have some knowledge / experience (either paid, voluntary or personal) of vulnerable people with a range of needs.
- Driver with full, manual driving licence
- Prepared to work to a shift rota which will include some sleep-ins
Contract / Terms:
- £17,000 - £25,000 earning potential
- 37 hours P/W
- Sleep ins
- Overtime Available
- New residential service within an expanding organisation
- Career progression & opportunities
- 5.6 Weeks of annual leave
- Funding & training towards level 2/3 in NVQ Child Care
- Pension Scheme
- Extremely competitive salary & benefits
- Reward incentives for attendance & long service
For more information on the role or to apply please call Liam at BS Social Care (0117 948 6300) or email your CV with the job reference number to liam . keating @ bs social care. co . uk .
Thank you and good luck with your job search!