Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a Civil Engineer to join their expanding business
* Create design studies and concepts for the strength and economy of structural design which confirm to the needs and requirements of the client.
* Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
* Provide civil design services including preparation of civil/site work drawing, structural evaluation and design.
* Supervise and prepare periodic project inspection reports prior to final acceptance and turnover.
* Provide procedural technique systems as required in support the construction program.
* Provide immediate solution of problems at site for on on-going construction issues.
* Provide scope of work and quantity survey of propose projects.
* Support the workforce with structural technical advice and assistance.
* Provide studies, design and investigation for the development and needs of existing building concerning existing building concerning and expansion and or extension, modification, or alteration of building.
* Preparation and maintenance of as-built drawing.
* Ensure that rules, regulations and guidelines are followed without exception.
* Review and approve project reports and designs.
* Ensure that the project is completed on time within the planned budget.
* Perform other qualified duties as required.
* Thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques.
* Fluent in English language- written and oral
* Proficient in creating designs for local construction contractors to complete, and meet the requirements of the client.
* Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Capable of complete design services including structural load determination, planning and siting.
* Proficient using Microsoft Office and Project, etc.
* Able to develop detailed design layout according to the requirement of the client.
* Ability to assess and address both challenges and potential risks of the planned project.
* Demonstrated ability to think creatively and logically to resolve various issues in the development process.
* Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
* Working experience in the engineering/construction management industry.
* Experience with the design and use of Auto Cad software.
* Previous experience with up-grading and maintenance of existing civil facilities.
Please send CV via the apply link