Cleaning Supervisor - £22,000-24,000 p/a
North/West Yorkshire - Harrogate, Wetherby, Ripon, Leeds and surrounding areas
· Provide high quality cleaning to relieve their cleaning operatives when on holiday, sick or absent.
· Ensure a clean, safe and hygienic environment for all staff and customers.
· Carry out initial site cleans for new clients to establish accurate cleaning requirements, timings and systems.
· The working week is typically 5 days over 7, except in exceptional circumstances.
Cleaning supervision at all customer sites
ACCOUNTABILITIES / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the supervision, learning and development of the Cleaning Operatives and support with its corporate cleaning policies, procedures and regulations.
· Undertake follow up discussions and/or 'work withs' with Operatives following audits.
When covering for holidays, sickness, shows, exhibitions and unassigned sites, duties will include (this list is not exhaustive):
· Working to the provided colour coding systems
· Daily liaising with the office, staff and customers
· General dusting of furniture, fixtures and fittings
· Dust control mopping/sweeping of floors
· Cleaning of sanitary fittings
· Damp/wet mopping and vacuuming of floors
· Polishing floors using an electrical buffing machine
· Scrubbing floors using electrical scrubbing machine
· Polishing furniture, cleaning internal glass
· Specialist cleaning (ie. Stripping and sealing of floors)
Organisation and Housekeeping
· To monitor and maintain adequate levels of cleaning materials and consumables.
· Examine equipment and keep clean and functional before and after each cleaning shift.
· Ensure cleaning cupboards and storage are kept clean, tidy and free from spills.
Training and development
· Participate in training and development processes in support of your own development.
· Keep up to date with relevant specialist areas of the cleaning and caretaking industry.
· Fulfil the necessary administrative tasks associated with the responsibilities of the post in an accurate and timely manner.
· Accurate record keeping and reporting on time sheets, mileage sheets and Health and Safety records.
· To liaise closely with the site/location manager to ensure effective service delivery.
· Comply with the current legislation and policies and supporting documentation in regard to data protection, information security, Health and Safety and confidentiality.
· You may be required to complete training regarding the safeguarding of children and young adults.
· We will carry out a check via the Disclosure and Barring Service which must have a satisfactory result.
· We expect you to sign up to the DBS Update service, at a cost to yourselves of (at October 2020) £13.00 per annum. If you do not sign up to this, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent DBS Checks.
Health and safety
· Be aware of, and implement, your Health and Safety responsibilities as an employee and where appropriate any additional specialist or managerial Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the Health and Safety Policy and Procedure.
· Work with colleagues and others to maintain health, safety and welfare within the working environments.
· Support the safe use of equipment in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and report any faults to management.
· We aim to make sure that services are provided fairly to all sections of our community, and that all our existing and future employees have equal opportunities.
· Within own area of responsibility, work in accordance with the aims of the Equality Policy.
· The client provides front line cleaning services, which recognises the need to respond flexibly to changing demands and circumstances. Whilst this job description provides a summary of the post, this may need to be adapted or adjusted to meet changing circumstances. Such changes would be subject to consultation. All staff are required to comply with the clients policies and procedures.
· This role will require the flexibility to typically work 5 days out of 7, with some split shifts (ie. Early AM and PM) where required, except in exceptional circumstances..
- Must be able to read and write in English to a good standard
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- No essential qualifications are required for this post
- Clean UK Driving License
- Personal qualities
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and confident
- Excellent communication skills
- 100% Trustworthy
- Punctual and reliable
- Open to feedback
- Ability to use machinery associated with the cleaning industry, ie. Vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners etc
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Organisational skills
- Work experience within the cleaning industry
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Time management skills - to be able to work within allocated timescales and to take a flexible approach in order to meet the service requirements
- British Institute of Cleaning Science - Level 1 & 2
- NVQ Level 2 Cleaning & Support Service Skills
- Provide high quality cleaning to relieve our cleaning operatives when on holiday, sick or absent
- Ensure a clean, safe and hygienic environment for all staff and customers
- Carry out initial site cleans for new clients to establish accurate cleaning requirements, timings and systems
- The working week is typically 5 days over 7, except in exceptional circumstances