Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a public sector client on a temporary basis?
We are currently looking to recruit a number of people to join the Ministry of Defence as an Admin Officer in Upavon.
Working with a fun and lively team, you'll be based in Pewsey, Wiltshere and you will enjoy a great atmosphere. Working a Monday to Friday working week you will enjoy a healthy work life balance too.
The Temporary Worker will provide routine administrative support tasks according to well-established procedures. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Photocopying, filing, posting or proof-reading data
- Answering telephone calls and relaying messages
Force Troops Command Equipment Support Branch, is part of a Divisional HQ within Field Army, with support liability for 90 army units. The Equipment Support Branch consists of a mixed team of Military and civilian members, the advertised post will be working within Technical Engineering Management, as part of a 3 person team.
- Duties include: Monitor activity to ensure BDSG. and contractors operate within contracted guidelines. Receipt, Scrutiny and authorisation of requests for contracted support for maintenance, repair and recovery of a wide range of military equipment
- Manage Branch databases, control, allocate and input task numbers to monitor authorised transactions. Act as Point of Contact, and manage user Interface with units and contracted support providers, acting as champion to support issues and complaints, directing action where necessary. Provide situational awareness on Manhours to Equipment Support Branch management for FTC specific equipment, to ensure units can meet Operational and training priorities
- Deputise for the D Tech (LDL) where required; Provide clerical and administrative Assistance to D Tech (LDL). Maintain awareness of deployment of new-to-service equipment and advise FTC, Army Command and DE&S of the LDL equipment support implications.
- Receipt, scrutiny and authorisation of requests for contact field support for maintenance repair and recovery on a Wide range of equipment.
- Point of Contact for user interface with contract support providers.
- Needs to be computer literate, previous knowledge in equipment support desirable.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Two GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent
- NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable administrative experience)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
If you're looking for an administration role within the Pewsey area then we want to talk to you.